44 UK B Corps Honoured as Best For The World, Creating Positive Impact for Workers, Environment, Community & Customers
Today, 44 for-profit UK companies were recognised for creating extraordinary positive impact as a business based on an independent, comprehensive assessment administered by the nonprofit B Lab. Honourees are featured on B the Change, the digital Medium publication produced by B Lab, at bthechange.com/bestfortheworld.
The Best for the World Honours List features businesses that earned scores in the top 10 percent of more than 2,500 Certified B Corporations globally on the B Impact Assessment. The rigorous assessment measures a company's positive impact on its workers, community, customers and the environment. To certify as B Corporations, companies must complete the full assessment and have their answers verified by B Lab. Honourees scoring in the top 10 percent of all B Corporations set a gold standard for companies using business as a force for good.
“Best For The World is the only list of businesses that uses comprehensive, comparable, third-party-validated data about a company’s social and environmental performance. As consumers, talent and investors increasingly demand transparent, values-aligned businesses to buy from, work at, and invest in, companies will need to not just be the best in the world but the best for the world. Not just to be nice—but to be the most successful,” said Jay Coen Gilbert, co-founder of B Lab.
The 2018 list is the seventh annual Best for the World List and this year’s UK Honourees span a wide range of industries from communications to banking and retail to energy.
UK Honourees include:
- For overall performance: Volans; Tribe Impact Capital LLP; ClimateCare; Ingeus UK Ltd; Public.; Seetec; Bridges Fund Management; and Charity Bank
- For commitment to customers: WHEB Asset Management LLP; School for Startups; Media Citizens Ltd; Odyssey Labs LTD; Tribe Impact Capital LLP; ClimateCare; Mustard Seed; InspiraFarms; Ingeus UK Ltd; Numbers for Good; Tin Smart Social Ltd; Limited Resource Teacher Training; Public.; ImpactReady; Seetec; Bridges Fund Management; Unforgettable; Charity Bank; and Benefacto
- For commitment to community: Divine Chocolate Ltd; Fluid IT; Inspired Ventures
- For commitment to workers: Wholegrain Digital; Business Fights Poverty; ClimateCare; Gong Communications; GoodBrand; Leap; Forster Communications; LiB Consultants; Simply Business; Tricordant; 18 Feet & Rising; and Baxendale
- For commitment to the environment: Ossa Organic; igloo Regeneration Ltd; and Green Element Limited
- For commitment to governance: Social Value UK; The Hub Kings Cross Ltd; Carbon Analytics; Volans; Good Talent; Faro Energy; GoodBrand; Patients Know Best; Ogunte; Forster Communications; Simply Business; Bridges Fund Management; and Charity Bank.
The UK Honourees join a prestigious list of close to 1,000 global Certified B Corporations named 2018 Best For The World Honorees, including: Patagonia; King Arthur Flour Company; and Green Mountain Power. Fifty-two countries are represented, including Denmark, India, South Africa and Taiwan. The selection criteria for Best for the World Honourees is available here.
In the autumn, B Lab will release the Best For The World: Changemakers and the Best For The World Funds lists.
Today there are more than 2,400 Certified B Corporations across more than 150 industries and 50 countries, unified by one common goal: to redefine success in business. Any company can measure and manage social and environmental performance at http://bimpactassessment.net.
B Lab is a nonprofit organisation that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. Its vision is that one day all companies will compete not only to be the best in the world, but the best for the world and society will enjoy prosperity for all for the long term.
B Lab drives this systemic change by: 1) building a community of Certified B Corporations to make it easier for all of us to tell the difference between “good companies” and good marketing; 2) passing benefit corporation legislation to give business leaders the freedom to create value for society as well as shareholders; 3) helping businesses measure, compare and improve their social and environmental performance with the free B Impact Assessment; 4) driving capital to impact investments through use of its B Analytics and GIIRS Ratings platform.
For more information,visit www.bcorporation.uk.
B the Change is a Medium publication, produced by B Lab in collaboration with the community of Certified B Corps and the movement of people using business as a force for good.
B the Change exists to inform and inspire people who have a passion for using business as a force for good in the world. Because we believe that storytelling is an essential element in the transformation of business and society, we commit ourselves to telling the most compelling stories possible to the largest audiences possible to propel the movement of business toward its destiny as a powerful force for good. We want to dramatically broaden and deepen engagement with entrepreneurs, managers, employees, investors and citizens in one of the most important discussions of our time.
Read all B the Change stories at http://www.bthechange.com.