Required Education Level:
Job Title: Core Faculty, Healthcare
Core faculty for American College of Education maintain a strong academic presence and growth in professional development for teaching, scholarly or creative works, and service to the profession and to the college. Core faculty report and work directly under the leadership of the department chair who reviews performance based upon 1) academic and teaching responsibilities, 2) service to students, department, college, and community, and 3) professional development.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic and Teaching
A core faculty member relates directly to students, handling instructional responsibilities to support, strengthen, and enhance the learning experience.
• Core or Staff faculty carrying 1.0 FTE in instructional load.
• Interacts directly with students in an appropriate, professional manner.
• Facilitates a safe and productive learning environment for students.
• Responds in a timely manner to student requests for information, clarification of content, posts, and personal queries, and contacts inactive students as the need arises.
• Oversees the quality of the course by reviewing the functionality and content, ensuring high quality delivery of content.
• Expands the student experience by “fingerprinting” the course content with unique personal experience, insights, or other professional knowledge.
• Monitors and provides appropriate student feedback on assignments within college policies.
• Synthesizes and reports student performance data in a timeline manner.
Service to Students, Department, College and Community
Core faculty understand and support professional relationships within the course room, department, institution and beyond.
• Supports the policies, procedures and guidelines of the program and institution.
• Aids student learning of ethical conduct, particularly related to plagiarism and copyright infringement; follows appropriate procedures in reporting infractions.
• Directs students to supplemental resources as needed to enhance their individual skills and abilities.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues and leadership of the college.
• Promotes the vision, mission and culture of the college within and beyond the institution.
• Provides appropriate leadership within one’s individual sphere of influence.
• Oversees course and program development, reviews and revisions, with a stipend.
As a demonstration of lifelong learning, core faculty pursue endeavors to augment personal and professional skills.
• Maintains a professional and technical knowledge of the curricula and industry by participating in leading edge educational workshops/seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies. This includes maintaining a deep knowledge of emerging issues and trends related to the department.
• Ensures the quality of program and course offerings by supporting and promoting research.
• Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding workflow needs.
• Follows established processes as outlined by Department Chair.
• Completes assigned duties based on daily business needs and individual skill set.
• Consistently produces a high volume of quality work.
• Capable, and adapts as needed, to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel.
• Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
• Must be collaborative in driving decisions and a team-player.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
• Builds and maintains student satisfaction.
• Recognizes and anticipates student needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Earned terminal degree or demonstrated exceptional content knowledge at the master’s level in a field associated with the department.
• 1+ year experience in teaching and leadership in a formal educational setting using both traditional and non-traditional teaching formats, higher education strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully developing online/virtual professional relationships.
• Evidence of professional research and/or creative endeavors and expertise in the field.
• 1 year prior experience as national or adjunct ACE faculty preferred.
• Proven teacher leadership in higher education, remote experience preferred.
• Capable of interpreting and writing an analysis of sophisticated educational research documents.
• Current knowledge of online principles and techniques.
• Skill in using Microsoft Office Suite applications proficiently.
• Ability to use or learn how to use appropriate technology, including conferencing and learning management systems.
• Understands and practices appropriate relationships between students, collegial and leadership.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform work consistent with an online, virtual environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
American College of Education seeks to attract and retain a diverse staff consistent with its diverse student body and surrounding communities.
ACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.