Job Title: Senior UX/Interaction Designer
In a world where people and infectious disease move more freely than ever, everyone’s health is interdependent. BlueDot is a social benefit startup whose goal is to mitigate the risks of infectious diseases to global health, security, and economies. We’re a group of health scientists, data engineers, designers, and developers who are empowering consumers, healthcare workers, and governments to make better decisions. BlueDot is venture funded by Horizons Ventures, which has a proven track record of early-stage investments in game-changing disruptive tech (Facebook, Skype, Spotify, and others).
We’re seeking a bright, creative Senior User Experience/Interaction Designer to lead the design of compelling web and mobile products, and insightful data visualizations. This position is a rare opportunity to apply design thinking to the development of socially meaningful, innovative technologies in global health.
- Spearheading the design of digital products, including (but not limited to): planning and conducting user research and testing; problem scoping; articulating scenarios and user journeys; forming conceptual models, information architectures, workflows; and crafting wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Collaborating with teams to champion the user and promote high design standards
- Mentorship and development of junior designers on all aspects of design
- 5+ years in UX/interaction design for web-based and/or mobile (iOS, Android) products
- Background in interaction design, graphic design, computer science, human factors engineering, cognitive science, psychology, or related fields
- Experience creating scientific data visualizations, especially interactive
- Strong understanding and application of user-centred design process and principles
- Ability to quickly produce beautiful, stunning visual treatments
- Obsession with the small details, and passion for crafting highly useful, usable, and desirable products that make for a healthier and safer world
- Bonus: Experience rapid prototyping with web technologies (HTML5/CSS3/JS), visualization frameworks/libraries (Processing, D3.js, etc.), and other user-facing technologies (AR/VR, IoT, large format displays, etc.)
Schedule: 12-month contract (full-time), with possibility for extension/permanent
Work Location: 209 Victoria St., Toronto, Ontario
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
Application Instructions: Please submit your resume and cover letter and provide a link to your portfolio.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
* BlueDot is a Certified B Corp which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the online application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/15522?s=bc