Job Title: Sales Associate I
ChicoEco, Inc., home of the ChicoBag Company is helping humanity bag the single-use habit. Our vision is to create an awareness and start positive conversations that connect people in solving the single-use waste problem.
The Sales Associate I position is an entry level clerical and sales support role. Sales Associates I staff must treat each internal and external customer in a courteous manner and act as an extension of ChicoBag Company’s brand and core values. As an entry level position, Sales Associates I will get opportunities to learn sales skills while providing support to their assigned channels.
Job Description: The Sales Associate I position reports to the Sales Manager. This position is primarily phone/computer based. You must be able to sit for the majority of your work day. You need to be able to safely lift up to 15 lbs with proper body mechanics.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service /sales experience required; 2 or more years preferred
- Able to type a minimum of 40 words per minutes
- Strong working knowledge of Google Documents is desired
- Salesforce or comparable CRM system experience is desired
- Good organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a semi-autonomous, fast-paced environment including the ability to multi-task
- Able to build relationships, address concerns and take orders over the phone
- Able to communicate with management and internal/external customers to set expectations and to deliver upon commitments
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills to build rapport and provide excellent service to internal and external customers
- Self-starter, able to see what needs to be done and gets it done
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to solve problems
- Accuracy and detail oriented with the ability to learn quickly
- Neat and orderly appearance
- Commitment to social justice and the mission
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support Assigned Channel Managers and external Independent Sales Consultants on the following items:
- Achieving company goals
- Perform follow-up calls including taking orders and up-selling products to current or inactive customers
- Oversee and follow-up on orders being processed from order entry to final payment (including shipment)
- Input sample opportunities and mail samples to customers or brokers
- Create call lists
- Send out photo proofs
- Create and nurture leads
- Enter orders
- Respond to tasks in Salesforce
- Oversee mass mailings
- Answer and route telephone calls as necessary
- Attend all meetings including All Sales Team and Promotional Sales Meetings
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of the Sales Sample wall
- Be the internal voice and ears for the external Independent Sales Consultants
- Back up to Customer Service position when necessary
- Respond to web leads as required
- Other duties as assigned and as business demands
- Assist with non-sales activity which may include but is not limited to requesting: credit applications, CA resale certificates, taking credit cards, artwork follow up, customer questions, custom and order tracking, payment and billing questions
- Assist with vendor paper work including filling out forms, promotional planning, and general contact info
- Assist with extensive data clean-up in CRM
- Meet assigned deadlines and communicate with Sales Manager on any barriers to completing a project
- Make first time calls to warm-up leads and opportunities
- Maintain a track record for building and managing customer relationships
- Provide constructive and thoughtful feedback to Channel Managers on success or failure within a specific project or call list
- Channel Managers, external Independent Sales Consultants and Management will assign individual projects. The Sales Manager will work with you to prioritize and clarify projects through project lists created by you to ensure mutual communication for all involved. Projects will have a defined scope and duration and will be evaluated upon completion.
Wage range is $13.00/hour to $16.00/hour.
Resume review will begin on Friday, August 18, 2017.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the online application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/20640?s=bc