Job Title: Clean Energy Field Ambassador
Do you care about the environment? Do you prefer renewable clean energy over fossil fuels? Do you have grassroots marketing and canvassing experience? Do you enjoy meeting new people and changing the world? Do you want the opportunity to grow with a leading renewable energy company that has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau, is Gold Certified with Green America, AND is a Certified B Corp? If yes, we want to talk with you!
CleanChoice Energy is seeking experienced, highly motivated, outgoing, and environmentally conscious canvassers to join our growing team as a Clean Energy Field Ambassador. As a Clean Energy Field Ambassador, you will utilize grassroots marketing measures (field canvassing business to business) to engage, excite, educate, and enroll small commercial businesses in clean energy. This is a B2B outside field sales position.
What You’ll Be Doing:
* Cold calling small businesses by going door to door (B2B) to increase program participation in your territory.
* Engage with Small Business Owners (SBOs) and qualify them for enrollment (salons, bakeries, café’s etc.).
* Explain the marketing and environmental benefits of purchasing renewable energy.
* Log all activities throughout the entire sales process in our database.
* Represent CleanChoice Energy at various tabling events to enroll customers in 100% renewable energy.
* Other duties include various administrative tasks.
What we’re looking for:
* 1-3 years Grassroots marketing, Door to Door (D2D) and/or Business to Business (B2B) direct sales experience preferred.
* A genuine passion for the environment & clean, renewable energy.
* Mission/goal driven.
* Outgoing, positive attitude.
* Resilient to rejection.
* The ability to overcome objections/obstacles.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have a valid Driver’s license, reliable vehicle, cell phone, and computer with internet access.
* Must be able to work independently with a team mentality.
* Must have excellent time management skills – able to manage your own day!
* Must be able to work some weekends and occasional evenings.
Pay and Benefits
* $15/hour + commission.
* Major medical, dental, vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), and mileage reimbursement.
About CleanChoice Energy
CleanChoice Energy is a leading renewable energy company empowering residential and commercial customers to reduce emissions and support clean energy through 100 percent renewable electricity. CleanChoice’s mission is to make clean energy accessible for everybody. CleanChoice supplies only clean renewable energy to customers, operating in eight states and the District of Columbia, bringing cleaner air closer to home. The company is a founding member of the Coalition for Community Solar Access, recently passed $1 million in total corporate donations to environmental and social impact organizations, and has been awarded the highest level of B Corp certification.
Our staff's diverse, multidisciplinary background drives our success. We are proud to be an EOE Employer.