Job Title: Office Administrator/Bookkeeper
Position: Office Administrator/Bookkeeper.
Location: Uptown Oakland.
Description: We are currently seeking an office administrator and bookkeeper to support the management team in the day-to-day operations of our related entities: a law firm, consulting firm, and non-profit. We are a mission driven organization dedicated to helping socially responsible organizations develop successful community capital raising strategies. Successful candidates will love operations and finance work, have excellent customer service skills, contribute to our positive and collegial work environment, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and have strong attention to detail.
General Administration Duties:
- Client Onboarding
- Onboard new clients including gathering client information, preparing engagement agreements, and completing conflict checks
- Send countersigned agreements to new clients and input information into Salesforce
- Maintain clear and accurate client records
- Human Resources
- Assist with human resource activities including distributing and updating policies as needed
- Prepare annual benefit corporation reporting and B Corp certification, and other regular reports
- Handle insurance renewals as needed
- Provide administrative support to attorneys and consultants
Bookkeeping Duties (in conjunction with our management and outside accountant):
- Accounts Receivable
- Monthly client billing including creation of invoices in Bill.com and QuickBooks
- Calculate and transfer amounts from advance/deposit account to operating account
- Post receipt of check payments and take bank deposits
- Communicate with clients re inquiries and requests
- Accounts Payable
- Create attorney provider statements on semi-monthly schedule
- Enter and pay bills on Bill.com on semi-monthly schedule
- Post bank account and credit card transactions
- Respond to vendor inquiries and requests
- Process payroll on semi-monthly schedule
- Compile new employee docs and enter information in QuickBooks, as needed
- Update PTO accrual schedule
• Ability to take initiative and create effective solutions.
• Ability to handle short deadlines and work under pressure.
• Ability to prioritize projects effectively.
• Self-starter; able to work well without constant direction.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Commitment to environmentally friendly and socially responsible business practices.
• Minimum one (1) year administrative and bookkeeping experience.
• Enthusiastic and positive nature.
• Strong computer skills. Proficient in most recent Microsoft Office Suite and Dropbox. Knowledge of Salesforce, QuickBooks, Bill.com and DocuSign preferred.