Job Title: Craftsperson
Hugh Lofting Timber Framing & High Performance Building has been designing and crafting timber frame structures in the mid-Atlantic region since 1974. We have been dedicated to the design and construction of energy efficient and high-performance structures for over 40 years and the employment of talented, collaborative craftspeople.
As a proud certified B Corporation, we are committed to meeting the standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency through our sustainable building and business practices. We are also an FSC Chain of Custody Certified builder, and employ both a LEED Green Associate and a Certified Passive House Consultant.
After successful completion of a 90-day probationary period, potential employee will be eligible for a generous benefit package including vacation, paid holidays, employer subsidized health/vision/dental insurance, retirement savings plan, and life insurance.
Hugh Lofting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for any position, please submit your resume.
We are searching for a CAD Draftsperson to deliver 3D & 2D project shop and fabrication drawings.
- Demonstrated proficient level of knowledge and abilities in construction documentation, design, and technology
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft programs
- Freehand drawing/sketching ability a plus
- Experience with heavy timber detailed shop drawings a plus
- High degree of professionalism: approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness: looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work both collaboratively with our team and independently with minimal supervision
- Strong customer service skills, including verbal and written communication
- Coordinate with project lead to establish duties, responsibilities, and deadlines.
- Prepare/draft 2D construction shop drawings for construction from sketches and mark-ups in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist designated project lead with oversight of CD staff and project specific drafting
- Coordinate 3D model with other trades per contract
- Assist in identifying issues involving architectural errors, constructability, and continuity of ratings
- Work with project team to provide recommendations to resolve construction challenges
- Provide construction documents as required showing coordinated layout
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the online application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/16691?s=bc