Job Title: Channel Manager - Co-Brand Corporate
Position closes on 8/22/17 at 4:30 p.m.
We are the Change We Seek
Imagine working for a company with a proven record of changing the world for the better. At Klean Kanteen we are dedicated to providing safe, high quality products that encourage a healthy lifestyle, sustainability and environmental awareness. Success in making reusable bottles part of everyday life has inspired Klean Kanteen to innovate a wide range of products good for both people and the planet. We are committed to model a better way of doing things, and have fun doing it.
Community & Giving
Klean Kanteen is a Certified B Corp and 1% for the Planet member. Certified B Corporations are leading a global movement to redefine success in business and meet rigorous and independent B Corp standards of performance, accountability, and transparency—which all guide our business day to day, and into the years ahead. A 1% for the Planet member since 2008, we donate 1% of total revenue to environmental organizations focused on shared values—health, sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
Klean Kanteen takes great pride in the company we keep. There are many hands-on opportunities for participation with our partners, ensuring that real relationships are fostered between Klean and the organizations we support. As part of that philosophy, Klean Kanteen has an active employee volunteer program that supports employees’ passion around giving back. We’ve climbed mountains, built homes, restored habitat, and carried water to support those who have none. From hiking supplies to NatureBridge students in the High Sierra to supporting dam removal with American Rivers, our people are encouraged to be as involved and committed as Klean Kanteen’s charitable dollars.
Klean Kanteen is family-run, and employee-owned. We have a tight-knit, fun, team-oriented culture, with a robust employee training and development program. With a casual office setting and open work environment, you’ll find most people in jeans and t-shirts. Most importantly, we’re all here to make a difference, and enjoy plenty of exciting challenges ahead.
Co-Brand Corporate Channel Manager is directly responsible for outreach and sales to strategic partners, businesses and the promotional products industry. Through excellent customer relationships, maintains and grows assigned accounts. Responsible for researching, targeting and generating sales contacts with key account opportunities.
Organizational Chart / Reporting Relationship:
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Director – Sales & Customer Service
- Directly responsible for the growth of the Co-Brand Corporate Channel
- Directly responsible for forecasting, planning and measuring the growth and stability of the Co-Brand Corporate Channel
- Directly responsible for effective communication and cross-departmental collaboration to ensure the highest quality customer service and satisfaction
Duties / Responsibilities to accomplish Essential Functions:
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Co-Brand Corporate Sales
- Develops and implements on-going Co-Brand Corporate sales strategies for identified distribution channels, including but not limited to: Strategic Partners, Corporations, Business Associations
- Owns individual Co-Brand Corporate accounts and strategic partnerships: is directly responsible for the growth of these accounts; meets and exceeds profitability requirements within operating budgets
- Utilizes trade shows to strengthen relationships with key accounts and to foster customer engagement
- Follows sales processes and procedures; continually seeks to identify improvement needs or opportunities for increased efficiencies and communicates these effectively.
Forecasting, Planning & Measuring
- Creates, manages and is accountable for Co-Brand product forecasting
- Provides annual financial forecast for channel and works with Director of Sales & Customer Service for strategic planning inputs
- Effectively communicates opportunities and challenges to Director of Sales and other stakeholders
- Develops and publishes annual trade show calendar
- Provides monthly unit forecast for demand planning purposes
- Manages to metrics that reflect account performance and targeted goals
Communication & Collaboration
- Employs timely and effective communication with potential leads and repeat clients
- Ensures superior customer service and order management
- Demonstrates solution-based support of customer needs via phone, email or in-person
- Works in close collaboration with:
- Director of Sales & Customer Service and other Co-Brand Channel Managers to ensure aligned and effective channel sales
- Co-Brand Production & Supply Chain teams to ensure channel is efficiently and effectively managed for timely delivery of product
- Marketing & Brand team to effectively communicate brand strategy, social media goals and execution of Go-To-Market plans
- Product team members in the development and planning of new and existing product
Leadership and Collaboration
- Actively supports a culture of accountability while maintaining the camaraderie and friendly nature so valued by the staff and leadership team of Klean Kanteen.
- Actively participates in the development plan for the team as in their own professional growth plan.
- Fosters a culture of transparency to the team, independent rep groups, retail partners, and consumers of Klean Kanteen
Mission and Values:
- Is a champion and advocate of the mission in all actions and interactions with our customers, partners and staff
- Actively supports Klean Kanteen values
Job Qualifications:Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to confront tough issues in a productive manner, creating buy-in and support for key sales strategies
- Strong teamwork, team development and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to utilize sales processes and procedures such as CRM and ERP tools
- Consistently exhibits company values and ethos in all interactions with associates, customers, suppliers, and external constituents
- Proven customer service skills with internal and external customers both in-person and via other media such as email and telephone. Able to work under short deadlines as well as dynamic, potentially stressful customer service situations.
- Must have excellent organizational skills; Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to make good decisions - think quickly, act decisively, inform others; Proven analytical, research, problem-solving and decision making skills; Demonstrated ability to understand and balance technical issues / solutions with time / cost / human factor.
Education or Formal Training:
- Minimum BS/BA in Business, Communications, Sales or Marketing strongly preferred
Direct or relevant combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities in qualifying.
- 3-5 years’ experience in corporate sales, outside sales or business development preferred
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Desktop PC, standard computer printers and faxes, copy machines and other office equipment.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Standard business / cubicle environment
- Bending, and reaching forward, sideways, and overhead; Finger dexterity to perform functions on computer and access files
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Operation of motor vehicle (requires valid California driver’s license)
- Lifting up to 30 lbs, as necessary to perform job functions
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE