Job Title: Purchasing Support Coordinator
Attention detail-oriented, deadline-driven, seasoned administrative professionals: Would you like to apply your penchant for detail, drive to ensure that things are done *just right* and on schedule to a growing and ever-changing organization that supports socially responsible, independent, and community-owned grocery stores? Do you embrace change and get excited by learning new processes and systems? Have experience delivering excellent front-line service and supporting other team members?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is a member-owned purchasing and business service cooperative providing a variety of services to community-owned and independent food co-ops in 38 states. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power and offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere.
NCG seeks an energetic, deadline-driven and detail-oriented administrative professional with high output and a passion for food that is healthy for the planet and its’ inhabitants to provide support to our Purchasing programs and our Purchasing department. The Purchasing Support Coordinator is responsible for enhancing the ability of NCG’s Purchasing department to provide co-ops with high value programs by providing communication, administrative, and logistical support to our programs and our team members. The Purchasing Support Coordinator processes, maintains, and manages the flow of data and information from NCG’s co-ops and vendors to keep our programs running smoothly and our website and program marketing and promotional materials current. This position also provides logistical support to members of our Purchasing Department and is responsible for some travel, meeting, and event planning.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, accurate, reliable, and highly-organized and has demonstrated experience in providing excellent service to internal and external customers. S/he is a skilled multi-tasker and embraces change and working in an ever-evolving work environment, and is proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills, including the ability to write basic formulas (e.g. sum, average), merge data from different cells and different worksheets, and familiarity with pivot tables and using the “vlookup” function.
This position will be based out of NCG’s St. Paul, MN office.
As a “virtual chain” of independent, community-owned natural foods retailers, NCG is one of the largest players in the natural products industry and through our programs provides the support and resources that enable our co-ops to compete with larger chains. Be a part of something great!
- Provide program support and assist with the coordination and management of NCG’s Purchasing programs.
- Maintain data, edit sign copy, and manage the distribution of promotional materials.
- Manage the flow of data and information from co-ops and vendors including mailing lists, order quantities, redemption totals, rebates, program participation rosters, etc.
- Provide support to department meetings and events and NCG’s annual Convergence conference, planning and organizing events during the conference and supporting all conference logistics.
- Provide written communications support by editing and drafting materials as needed.
- Assist with ensuring that website and program materials are maintained and kept current.
- Provide customer service to members and answer questions related to Purchasing programs as needed.
- Participate in member, Purchasing Department, and team meetings, take notes, and develop presentations and proposals for committee members and colleagues.
- Assist other Purchasing staff with projects as needed.
Our people are our assets, we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
Conveniently located between St. Paul and Minneapolis
2610 University Ave W, Suite 210 | St. Paul, MN 55114
Free Parking | Front Door Light Rail Station (Westgate - Green Line)
National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative serving retail food co-ops in the United States. Our 151 member and associate co-ops operate over 200 retail food stores in 38 states with combined annual sales of nearly $2 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.
- Ability to use computer, keyboard, mouse, telephone, and various office equipment continuously.
- Detail oriented, accurate and organized. Able to multi-task and work with multiple overlapping timelines, deadlines, and workflows.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, strong Excel skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent follow-through and reliability.
- Frontline service experience 3-5 years.
- Able to type a minimum of 50 WPM. Ten-key experience a plus.