Job Title: Commercial Construction Lead
SunCommon is a Benefit Corporation that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and safer world. So we’re tearing down the barriers that have made renewable energy inaccessible with the goal of repowering our communities one home, school, and business at a time. To this end, we make going solar easy and affordable so that all Vermonters together can take part in creating a healthier environment.
About This Position:
The Commercial Construction Lead is fundamentally responsible for the overall coordination of resources during the construction phase of commercial installations and ensures the projects are on budget, on schedule, and to SunCommon's high quality standards. Women are highly encouraged to apply!
Essential Job Functions:
This position will:
- Manage commercial construction schedules and construction costs while maintaining quality;
- Provide oversight of direct and subcontracted installers to offer support and to ensure quality installations;
- Support installs as needed including direct oversight of internal installation crews, installation of PV racking system, AC & DC wiring to design, and installation of PV panels.
- In coordination with the Commercial Project Manager, be responsible for communications with clients in preparation for and during construction.
- Support and provide input on site walk-throughs
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with inspectors and utilities to achieve final construction.
- Manage and lead the acquisition of all necessary permits from city and state offices.
- Coordinate material deliveries with our Supply Chain Manager, customers, and installers.
- Review project designs and provide feedback.
- Communicate job status and estimated completion time on daily basis with staff and customers via phone, email, in-person, and through our CRM.
- Manage construction budget in coordination with the commercial team.
- Review installation invoices.
- Manage external relationships to support installations.
- Schedule and coordinate commissioning of commercial installations.
- Ensure all permits and required documentation are completed and closed out for construction projects.
- Ensure that photovoltaic (PV) systems are installed in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
- Work with SunCommon’s O&M team on an as-needed basis.
- Keep up-to-date on latest codes and solar installation techniques, and apply new knowledge to the job.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet most or all the following requirements:
- 5 or more years of commercial construction experience, preferably as a crew lead or supervisor, scheduling and managing team.
- Commercial solar installation experience - including experience setting up monitoring for solar arrays, is preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving of your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple subcontractors.
- Experience inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Proven ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Proactive approach to developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Collaborates well in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be sensitive to customer needs and to build warm relationships with customers.
- Applicable knowledge of electrical codes and standards.
- Experience running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment.
- Experience determining and managing time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
- Ability to travel across Vermont to perform installations.
- Commitment to SunCommon’s purpose and vision.