Job Title: WordPress Developer
Wholegrain Digital is one of Europe’s most established WordPress web design agencies. We work with a wide range of clients including some of the world’s largest and most positive brands. Our diverse and caring team has a friendly and informal culture, with a strong focus on achieving a high quality of life and work-life harmony.
We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic and experienced WordPress developer who is excited about taking on new challenges and working with some of our biggest clients. This is a full-time semi-remote role in an open and relaxed environment in which you will split your time between working from home, our office near Piccadilly in London and meeting clients at their offices in and around London.
You will be part of the support team and will be working on our existing client’s sites. Our existing client’s projects vary from support to maintenance and some ad hoc work from time to time. You will be fully briefed on those clients and their sites and you will be closely working with our Support Genie and clients. The job would involve routine checks, solving any bugs and issues and adding new features to the existing sites. This job is ideal for someone who loves customer service and interaction with clients, is happy to work on other people’s code and who is passionate about continuous improvement.
* Be highly experienced in WordPress development, including custom theme and plugin development, multisite and multi-language.
* Write clean, efficient, standards driven code.
* Version Control (SVN, Git).
* Have experience integrated with third party APIs.
* Keep up with the progress of PHP and other web technologies.
* Be able to communicate technical aspects to non-technical people.
* Be considerate of time and budget allocations.
* Good understanding of SEO.
* Experience with SASS/LESS.
* Understanding of basic of DNS configurations & server configs such as CDNs.
* Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Sketch and conversant with Zeplin and Invision
* Excellent written and spoken English.
* Proactive communicator.
* Confidence using web based applications.
* Ability to understand business requirements of Wholegrain and our clients.
* Ability to work under pressure, with high attention to detail.
* The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Honesty and integrity.
* Experience of working remotely & autonomously.
* Experience talking to clients in meetings, on the phone and by email
* Flexible working.
* Rewards for using renewable energy at home.
* Team Days.
* Paid travelling for WordPress events in Europe.
We are situated at The Hub Westminster, a unique open plan space shared by a number of creative and socially-minded businesses.